Many Davidians grimace at the thought that God’s festivals are relevant and applicable to believers in these days. This view is clearly summarized by a recent document published by the Bashan Association of Davidians, in which they hold that to keep the festivals would be tantamount to crucifying Christ afresh. In their own words I now quote:
There are many vital truths which we can never compromise on, but there are also many non-essential points on which we may with fidelity to the message permit a difference of opinion. Regarding truths in the first category, such as keeping the typical feasts today (clearly a part of the ceremonial law), for example, we are specifically told that “this law, of course, we today must not observe, except in antitype, for it foreshadowed things to come, particularly Christ’s first advent” (2TG 37: 14). Brother Houteff goes on to explain that by observing the ceremonial law (of which the feasts are an integral part), we would by our actions be demonstrating “unbelief in Christ” and His atonement on the cross, whether or not it was our intention to do so. Compromising on such a point would be tantamount to crucifying our Saviour afresh, something no true follower of Christ would ever agree to knowingly do.
The view here presented is the generally accepted view of a majority of Davidians, their “pasture” notwithstanding. So it should not be seen as a singling out of the Bashan group in this discovery. Whether or not the author of the paragraph above is aware of it, the “first category” of “non-essential points” he has actually, and correctly, called “truths,” yet he still condemns them as being “tantamount to crucifying the Saviour afresh.” The question I am challenged with is simply this: “which relevant truth, can cause a Christian to, by his obedience to it, crucify the Son of God afresh?” I am personally encouraged by Christ’s teaching which declares that, “now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.” (Joh 4:23). My friends, let us all become “truth”-worshippers, by His grace.
In Matthew chapter 20, the Spirit of “truth” teaches us that each team of servants/labourers that was called to work in the Master’s vineyard was called by Him alone, and not by the previous group, or by some election process of sorts. It was simply a call from the Householder for labourers, all of whom heard His Voice—the Voice of truth. Let’s see how the Bible treats this important subject:
“1 For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard. 2 And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard. 3 And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace, 4 And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way. 5 Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise. 6 And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle? 7 They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive.” (Matt. 20: 1-7).
“There are only five calls in the parable; First, those who were called early — Israel out of Egypt Second, those who went to labor in the vineyard at the third hour — the early Christian church Third, the sixth hour call — William Miller and his co-workers; Fourth, the ninth hour call — the Third angel in his first cry after 1844; Fifth, the 11th hour call — the Loud Cry of the Third Angel’s Message.”
- Early Morning—Israel Leaves Egypt—Passover and Law given at Sinai on Pentecost
- “Therefore, it was Israel that went to labor in the vineyard after they departed from Egypt. “According to the word that I covenanted with you when ye came out of Egypt, so my spirit remaineth among you: fear ye not.” (Haggai 2:5.)… Therefore, the householder’s early hour call for laborers in His vineyard, applies to the call of Israel out of Egypt. Why is it called “early in the morning?” At that time Moses was writing the Bible, which is the light of the world. Therefore, very “early,” for the Scriptures had just begun to be written.”
- 3rd Hour Labourers —Apostles and early Christians—Passover and at Pentecost
- “Therefore, the call of the Apostles, and the Gentiles, is represented by the “third hour call.”
- 6th Hour Labourers—1st Day Adventists, or Millerites—Day of Atonement
- “Just such a message was presented to the world after A.D. 1798 and prior to A.D. 1844 in the preaching by William Miller of the 2300 days of Daniel 8:14. Therefore, the message by Miller was represented by the company hired at the “sixth hour.”
- 9th Hour Labourers—7th Day Adventists—Day of Atonement
- “Therefore, the ninth hour call must come after Miller’s work came to an end. It was the Sanctuary truth, and the investigative judgment preached since 1844, bound in the first, second and third angel’s messages of Revelation 14:6-11.
- “Note that these words closely associate “the sixth and ninth hour” calls, while the other calls are separated. The significance is that these two messages represented by the “sixth and ninth hour,” are to be closely joined to each other. Therefore, the ninth hour call must come after Miller’s work came to an end. It was the Sanctuary truth, and the investigative judgment preached since 1844, bound in the first, second and third angel’s messages of Revelation 14:6-11. Therefore, the Three Angel’s Messages constituted that call in 1844.”
- 11th Hour Labourers—Davidian 7th -Day Adventists—Passover
- “As the “Passover” and the slaughter of the “first-born (first fruits) who had not the blood on the “door posts,” released God’s ancient people from the bondage of Egypt, so shall the antitypical Passover (Ezek. 9:4; Isa. 66:16) free the first fruits, the 144,000, His first-born now, from the bondage of sin and sinners today.”
- “When will this come to pass? — The type unquestionably reveals the time through the fact that only the first-born were then in danger. Accordingly, the antitypical Passover will take place in the time of the firstfruit harvest — the sealing of the 144,000, the firstfruits, the first to go to antitypical Jerusalem, the first to stand on Mount Zion with the Lamb, the first-born by the Spirit.– The Shepherd’s Rod Tract 1, p. 55, 56
- What is the message? The eleventh hour message is none other than Revelation 18 — the loud cry of the Third Angel. Quoting “Testimonies to Ministers,” p. 59: “This same message [The Third Angel’s] is to be proclaimed the second time.”
- “The message swells to a Loud Cry by virtue of an “addition” which gives it “power and force.”–Early Writings, p. 277. The only conclusion admissible, therefore, is that since the church has never accepted an additional message, and since there has never come one (other than that in The Shepherd’s Rod publications) that would give “power and force” to the old message, the Loud Cry could not have begun at any time previous to this.”
- “How do I know that the great day of the Lord is almost here? — I know it because the announcement of it is here already, and because the message of the marking that is foretold in Ezekiel’s chapter nine, the work of the Judgment, is already making its way throughout the Adventist world. I know it also because the material for the glory that follows immediately thereafter (the material that is to lighten the earth with the glory of the angel, the Loud Cry — Rev. 18:1) is all ready and waiting.”
The truth of God’s appointed times (feast days) is inescapably clear from a correct analysis of the Bible and The Shepherd’s Rod message. Let not your personal prejudices, or even a group’s ingrained teachings against these statutes deny you from being fitted to meet your king.
One of the prophetic names given the SDA Church during her Laodicean period is “Judah.”
“Your obeying “all the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments” of the moral law of Moses, you see, is your evidence that you have been born again, that you have been endowed with power from above, that you are enabled to choose the good and to refuse the evil, that you are the children of God. Keeping the commandments and the statutes in the Lord, then is the light and shield of your life. It is the outward sign that by the life of Christ you have overcome the Enemy of your soul and body. This system of worship, therefore, is truly the Righteousness by faith that brings the righteousness of Christ in the people of God. Let us now with ears wide open hear the crier’s bell:
“Isa. 52:1, 7 — “Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean…. How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!”
“Nah. 1:15 — “Behold upon the mountains the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that PUBLISHETH peace! O Judah, keep thy solemn feasts, perform thy vows: for the WICKED shall no more pass through thee; he is utterly CUT OFF.”
“Here the prophetic Word of God plainly declares by both Isaiah and Nahum the prophets that when we see these good tidings published by him whose feet are seen upon the mountains (and this is now taking place for the first time since the prophets wrote), it is to be a sign that the wicked, the violators of the laws of Moses, are soon to be cut off from among God’s people. And now, since you are privileged to hear all these things, “happy are ye,” says the Lord, “if ye do them.” Job 13:17. Timely Greetings, (Vol. 2, No. 37: 24,25)
Author: Garrick Augustus, Sabbath, August 27, 2016 (At Bashan Hill)
*** *** *** *** *** ***
To subscribe yourself or a friend to these posts, contact Garrick Augustus at Gaugustus336@gmail.com, or write to P.O. Box 961 Dumfries, VA 22026
You may also join our weekly Bible Study class from any place on earth:
Bible Study Every Sabbath @ 5:30 pm EST
By telephone: (641) 715-3580, Access Code: 944823#
By Web-conference: https://www.freeconferencecall.com To listen to the web conference, all callers must dial the telephone number given above to hear the presentation
If you have a Bible question and desire to speak with someone, please call: call: 770-722-7969
To send your donations write to: HC 2 Box 9; Brixey, MO 65618
Visit our current events web-page/blog: https://sdaprophecies.wordpress.com/ or
Donate to our ministry at: email@example.com
List of References
 V.T. Bingham, Divided Davidia © 2015, p. 6; italics added.
 V.T. Houteff, 1932, The Shepherd’s Rod, Vol. 2, p. 236
 V.T. Houteff, 1932, The Shepherd’s Rod, Vol. 2, p. 226
 V.T. Houteff, 1932, The Shepherd’s Rod, Vol. 2, p. 227
 V.T. Houteff, 1932, The Shepherd’s Rod, Vol. 2, p. 228
 V.T. Houteff, 1932, The Shepherd’s Rod, Vol. 2, p. 229
 V.T. Houteff, 1932, The Shepherd’s Rod, Vol. 2, p. 229
 V.T. Houteff, 1941, Mount Sion At the Eleventh Hour, (Tract #8), p. 74.
 V.T. Houteff, The Shepherd’s Rod, Vol. 2, 230, 231
 V.T. Houteff, 1944, The Answerer, Book 1, p. 82
 V.T. Houteff, 1946, Timely Greetings, Vol. 1, No. 5, p. 12.