The recent proclamation by President Donald Trump, granting recognition to Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, has sent shock-waves across the religious and political worlds. Though having a long-standing congressional decree from 1995, Trump’s honoring that US law at this time, has been met with contempt from world leaders and close allies alike, and even the Pope of Rome has joined the chorus of voices decrying the President’s unpopular decision! The greatest allies to this Congressional Order are the Evangelical Protestants of America (the Christian Zionists), and the State of Israel.
While many policy makers and world leaders today single out Trump as the object of their rage, they might not be aware that he was actually executing a settled piece of US legislation, PUBLIC LAW 104–45—NOV. 8, 1995, more popularly known as the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995. These law states, among other things, that it is:
An Act To provide for the relocation of the United States Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, and for other purposes. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE. This Act may be cited as the ‘‘Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995’’. SEC. 2. FINDINGS.
The Congress makes the following findings: (1) Each sovereign nation, under international law and custom, may designate its own capital. (2) Since 1950, the city of Jerusalem has been the capital of the State of Israel. (3) The city of Jerusalem is the seat of Israel’s President, Parliament, and Supreme Court, and the site of numerous government ministries and social and cultural institutions. (4) The city of Jerusalem is the spiritual center of Judaism, and is also considered a holy city by the members of other religious faiths. (5) From 1948–1967, Jerusalem was a divided city and Israeli citizens of all faiths as well as Jewish citizens of all states were denied access to holy sites in the area controlled by Jordan. (6) In 1967, the city of Jerusalem was reunited during the conflict known as the Six Day War. (7) Since 1967, Jerusalem has been a united city administered by Israel, and persons of all religious faiths have been guaranteed full access to holy sites within the city.
From this mandate, we see that Trump was not acting unilaterally, but was actually responding, and appropriately so, to an established Congressional mandate. Certainly, over two decades have washed over it, and presidents have come and gone, and simply implemented Section 7, the “Presidential Waiver” clause, for fear against war or a sustained global Islamic terrorist response. Trump saw this as a sign of weakness on their parts, and also reasoned incisively that their waivers notwithstanding, the world has been embroiled in the internationalization of Islamic terrorism, hence said “waivers” were not a deterrent to war or a roadmap for peace! Logical argument and true.
Not only was Trump fueled by the evangelical churches of America and the Zionists around the world to make good on signing this US Law, but just as the ten horns of the scarlet-colored beast, of whom the Bible says, “God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast,” (Rev. 17: 17), were merely tools in His hands, in a similar way, God has placed it in Congress’ and Trump’s heart, respectively, to implement this embassy relocation act, because it is a vital and necessary part of bringing to complete fulfillment the prophecy of Daniel 11:45—fulfilling the will of God, in order to usher in His premillennial kingdom of glory.
That Trump did not act alone, is further evidenced by the fact that the bipartisan House and Senate have again re-endorsed the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995. As the time for the Presidential waiver approached, earlier this year (2017), the US Senate sent Trump the following reminder, passed by a 90% approval:
The Senate on Monday passed a resolution calling on President Trump to “abide by” provision of a 1995 law moving the U.S. Embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. The provision was passed as part of a measure commemorating the 50th anniversary of the reunification of Jerusalem, which followed the Six Day War in 1967.
While these politicians were attempting to honor their nationalistic goals, little did they know, perhaps, that there is an unseen hand that guides the destinies of nations, one that controls the rise and fall of empires, and overrules in the affairs of mankind! Little did they know that they were on the cusp of actively fulfilling one of the longest running prophecies in the Holy Bible! What we are about to discover is that there is only one nation in the world that has made this reach after Jerusalem, and one nation only, the United States of America. There is only one nation on earth with a Jerusalem embassy mandate in its national laws, to repeat, she is the USA. This will become the signature mark of identifying the prophetic nation code-named “the king of the north,” (KON). Knowing who “The King of the North” is, and his relationship to Israel, is vital to a correct understanding of this prophecy and just what events will bring about its fulfillment. Further too, our knowing who the KON is, will immediately lead us to a clear and accurate understanding of his adversary as well, “the king of the south,” (KOS), both of whom are described in Dan. 11: 40-45.
In order to bring even greater clarity to the subject, it is needful to dispel the darkness and confusion that have enveloped it over time, to which many, and most notably, the Seventh-day Adventists, have taught that the KON is Turkey, Napoleon, and or Papacy, and have completely spiritualized away all the geography discussed in the Scriptures, in a feeble attempt at prying open the sealed prophecies, without Inspiration’s authority. It is at this juncture that we must all step back as did Daniel, and recognize that “there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known… what shall be in the latter days.” Dan. 2: 28. Prying at the sealed door of prophecy in order to conjure up an explanation that is popular, or familiar-sounding, is classified in Scripture as walking in the forbidden path of “private interpretations” (2 Peter 1: 20), a weapon deployed by the enemy of Truth to confuse and mislead the unsuspecting, such that when the true interpretation is unveiled, and the time of the prophecies’ fulfillment arrived, doubt and confusion in the body of Christ will prevail, and the warnings and entreaties of divine grace spurned and unheeded!
An example of this devil-inspired method of “private interpretation” is appropriate at this time, for it has been the vehicle by which erroneous doctrines, such as the one espoused below, have blinded over 20 millions of people in the Adventist Church today, from seeing the very vital truth for this time, the truth that God has not cast away His promises made to Abraham and his seed!
HOWEVER widely Protestants disagree on other beliefs, there is one doctrine regarding which there seems to be almost complete unanimity of opinion —at least so we judge from listening to certain radio evangelists and from perusing the evangelistic literature of the day. We refer to the belief that the Jews are still God’s special people, and that they are yet to have a national home in Palestine. This is considered by some to be an outstanding sign of the speedy return of Jesus. The persecution that the Jews are suffering at present in many countries, and their inability to find refuge, contributes in some way to convince this type of revivalist that the time is now near when the Jews are to have their country returned to them…
Some few of this once-favored people will receive the Jesus whom their forefathers rejected and slew; but, as a people, they have long since ceased to have any significance. For the same reason, Palestine will never become the home of the Jews; there would be no purpose in it.”
With the above doctrine inextricably held by most Adventists, it is clear that owing to this anti-Semitic teaching advanced by our denominational theologians, many cannot see the hand of God in the prophetic purpose of Israel’s continued existence today, nor can they see that the prophecies concerning the restoration of the kingdom in Palestine in these last days are relevant to Believers anymore. When will we learn as a Church, when will we wake up to the reality that our trusty theologians have misled us based on a faulty premise in their “private” quest for truth? That faulty premise holds that since the stoning of Stephen, God has out-rightly rejected the Jews, and thus has summarily cancelled all His prophecies concerning the earthly Kingdom, originally covenanted to Adam, and later extended by “an oath” to Abraham and his seed, as a legacy of their obedience and a consequence of divine favor. In the mind of the Adventist thought leaders, and from their tongues and pens, they deceive the world into believing that these prophecies will never be fulfilled, post Calvary, and can only have a “spiritual” application at best, in the New Earth!
“The 1948 establishment of the State of Israel, an outgrowth of the Nazi Holocaust in which 6 million Jews were killed, is viewed by Adventists as a political, not a prophetic event.”
This statement is vainly attempting to demonstrate that there is a marked difference between “a political” versus “a prophetic” event in both Scripture and history. Going down this road, has caused Adventists to still ignore the prophecies concerning God’s latter-day use of the Holy Land, because in their minds, only political events can be accomplished in that part of the world! As for “prophetic” events, in the minds of most pure-bread Adventists is harbored the very false notion that “God is finished with the Jews and thus finished with these prophecies!” This blind-eye attitude has caused us severe embarrassment, and will cost us more severely, in coming years, unless as a people, we repent and take God at His Word!
Example of Adventist’s Case Hardened Views
One of the most well-known Adventist publishing houses, and accomplished apologist, has in recent days sought to calm the jitters that are spiking around in many Adventists’ thoughts concerning Jerusalem, by threatening that such notions are only held by the “Shepherd’s Rod,” “Jesuits,” “Evangelicals,” and those who mean harm to God’s true Remnant Church. Here is Elder Vance Ferrell from Pilgrims Rest Publishing:
Do not believe the startling predictions being brought to you today, by those who claim that this political event and that war is a fulfillment of Daniel or Revelation.
The truth is that there are no more literal prophetic fulfillments about Palestine, the Jews, Jerusalem, and the Near East in Biblical latter-day prophecies…
Interpretations of Biblical last-day events will agree fully with the clear predictions of final events, as given in the Spirit of Prophecy The master book of last-day events is Great Controversy. All interpretations of Bible prophecy should agree with it…
You will not find the slightest hint of Iran, Iraq, Egypt, Turkey, the literal Jews, or old Jerusalem in the closing chapters of Great Controversy (chapters 23 to 42).
No return of the Jews to Jerusalem God never predicted that, in the last days, the literal Jews would return to literal Jerusalem. Instead, He predicted they would never again control that city and they never have, they still do not, and they never will. The prediction of God cannot be changed.
In another article, the confused elder then cites Ellen White as an authority above the Holy Scriptures, to bolster his position that God will “never again” restore the kingdom to the land of Israel—the parting question the early Disciples asked of Jesus Christ (Y’shuah), as he was about ascend from their presence to the Father. In complete blindness to the authority of the Bible, Farrel recently wrote:
“What does Ellen White say about old Jerusalem, after a Roman army under Titus destroyed it in A.D. 70? Here are the statements: Old Jerusalem has no meaning for the people of God today: [Early Writings, 75-76, quoted.]”
That type of engrained erroneous view will continue to be an embarrassment to Adventists and all others, who embrace such anti-Biblical, and anti-Shemitic doctrines.
Let us now look at the mountain of errors on Daniel 11: 40-45 advanced by our SDA Denomination from the earliest days, and which are in need of being torn down, in order for Christ to unveil to our minds the “the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.” 1Peter 2:2.
Summary of current SDA Thought On Dan. 11: 40-45
Here is a snapshot of how numerous SDA preachers have interpreted Daniel 11:40-45 in order to arrive at the current erroneous conclusion that the KON is the Papacy:
- The King of the North in Dan. 11: 40-45 is the papacy, the King of the South is atheistic communism, or rather, the former Soviet Union,
- The “glorious land” in Dan. 11:41 is the United States.
- The correct interpretation of Daniel 11:40-45 is as follows:
- Verse 40: The king of the North (papacy) defeats the king of the South (Russia/Soviet Union).
- This battle was consummated in 1989 with the fall of Communism through Gorbachev’s Glasnost and Perestroika, accompanied with the fall of the Berlin Wall, when Ronald Reagan demanded of Russia to “tear down this wall.”
- Verse 41: The “glorious land” (said to be the USA) comes under the spiritual control of the papacy (this they say will be complete when America passes a national Sunday law).
- The reference to Edom Moab and Ammon in verse 41 is symbolic of those who leave Babylon and join God’s remnant during the Loud Cry.
- Verse 42 shows the papacy will conquer Egypt (which they say is a symbolism for the world).
- Verse 43 concerning “Libya” is a Biblical symbolism for the Third World, and that “Ethiopia” is a symbolism for the rich countries of the world (thus, they say, this verse means that, both the rich and poor nations will follow the papacy).
- Verse 44 concerning the “tidings from the east” that shall trouble the king of the north (‘papacy’ in their view) is the coming of Christ.
- Verse 45 refers to the SDA church: the “glorious holy mountain”;
- The “seas” in verse 45 is symbolic of the vast numbers of people in the world. Thus, when verse 45 says “he” will stand “between” the “seas” and “the holy mountain” it means that the papacy will prevent the people of the world from receiving the last warning message given by the SDA church.
The evidence garnered from our survey of the Scriptures, in this article I will demonstrate that all of the above interpretations are incorrect, and cannot be sustained by a critical examination of the evidence of Scripture, and that they are designed by the father of lies, in order to deceive God’s people today, when all these things are being fulfilled before our very eyes.
SDA Assertion That The KON is Turkey, the Papacy, or France
Two prominent Adventist theologians, whose work have earned strong endorsement from the pen of Ellen White, wrote with bravado, the below erroneous position, that the KON was Turkey (The Ottoman Empire), which would, at the end of WWI, capture Jerusalem and move its HQ there as the omen of the long-awaited Armageddon:
Thus the king of the north (Turkey) came against him (France) in the same year that the king of the south (Egypt) “pushed,” and both “at the time of the end:” which is another conclusive proof that the year 1798 is the year which begins that period; and all of which is a demonstration that this application of the prophecy is correct; for so many events meeting so accurately the specifications of the prophecy could not take place together, and not constitute a fulfilment of the prophecy.
Not only Egypt, but Syria and Turkey in Europe, belonged to the Mohammedans, and he [Ottoman Empire, KON] has entered the “glorious land,” and a Moslem mosque occupies the site where once stood the temple of Solomon. Edom, Moab, and Ammon, however, escaped the hand of this conquering power [Ottomans], and these countries receive an annual tribute from the Turks who pass in caravans on their way to Mecca.
When World War One came to its end and the Ottoman Empire crumbled into oblivion, that was a serious embarrassment for the Adventist thought leaders at that time, and as a result inspired the General Conference President to call forth the first Bible Conference the church would host—the infamous 1919 Bible Conference. For background on this colossal theological embarrassment, please Google “the 1919 Bible Conference,” and read the articles on it published by the White Estates, among others.
SDA Assertion that all the promises of a future kingdom will only be realized in the New Jerusalem:
The closing section of this prophetic book [Zechariah] describes Jerusalem in its glory, exalted, filled with people, and secure. The saved from all nations will participate in the worship of the eternal King. The entire city of Jerusalem will be filled with the holiness of the temple.
When these glorious promises are studied together with the overall teaching of the Bible, we come to the conclusion that the ultimate fulfillment of these predictions will take place in the New Jerusalem, where God’s people from everywhere will come together and worship Him forever. This all happens only after the second coming of Jesus.
To add fuel to the SDA’s “sparks” of error (Isa. 50: 11), kindled by trained theologians, they invoke Sister White’s vision and overworked statement, as an endorsement to their unbiblical claims:
Then I was pointed to some who are in the great error of believing that it is their duty to go to Old Jerusalem, and think they have a work to do there before the Lord comes. Such a view is calculated to take the mind and interest from the present work of the Lord, under the message of the third angel; for those who think that they are yet to go to Jerusalem will have their minds there, and their means will be withheld from the cause of present truth to get themselves and others there. I saw that such a mission would accomplish no real good, that it would take a long while to make a very few of the Jews believe even in the first advent of Christ, much more to believe in His second advent. I saw that Satan had greatly deceived some in this thing and that souls all around them in this land could be helped by them and led to keep the commandments of God, but they were leaving them to perish.
I also saw that Old Jerusalem never would be built up; and that Satan was doing his utmost to lead the minds of the children of the Lord into these things now, in the gathering time, to keep them from throwing their whole interest into the present work of the Lord, and to cause them to neglect the necessary preparation for the day of the Lord.
After David Ben-Gurion stood before the world and declared the Independence of the State of Israel in 1948, it became an irrefutable historic reality that “old Jerusalem” would be built up, contrary to the classical Adventist’s understandings up till that day, and beyond! This embarrassment, coupled with other errors such as the King of the North, Armageddon, the Jesuit invasion of Adventism, and New Theology, these and other concerns called forth the Second Bible Conference among Adventists in 1952:
- Since the last conference (1919) a new generation of administrators and bible teachers had come on the scene. The conference was to increase the preaching efficiency of the minister by giving a “new lift to our hearts and minds and spirits.”
- The political, social, economic and religious world had changed over the past decades. “The question that should ever concern us is not whether we have a great and true message but whether we are presenting that message in its true greatness.” He spoke against theological conferences where every man sets forth that which is right in his own eyes, and where the distinguishing symbol of the meeting is a question mark. “We have great verities to preach.” He said. “The purpose of this Bible conference is to help us all to see how we can present those timeless truths most effectively in these changing times.”
- As the church uses a searchlight to intensely explore and promote the truths it already has, it sees further areas of truth. “That is why we believe that the safe and Scriptural way to advance the message of this movement is by giving first and major attention at this conference to the great truths that have made us a people, and by keeping the searchlight of those truths ever focused forward toward the New Jerusalem. Those who address us will tell us what the searchlight reveals to them of greater depth and distance to the message we have been proclaiming for well over a century.”
We should realize that Ellen White was not, in her Early Writings, interpreting any relevant prophecies, but related what the Lord had shown her concerning a current push to move the center of the Church’s operations to Old Jerusalem instead of their remaining in the USA. Even after SDA’s were successful in using this statement for a hundred years to denounce the restoration of Jerusalem as the prophetic center of the gospel, in the finishing work of the Third Angel’s Message on earth, the Adventist leaders were again embarrassed, and ended up writing a seventeen-page apologetic, to set these two paragraphs in their proper historical contexts, and to also stave off the specter of “false prophet” from looming over Ellen White’s head!
When correctly understood, this Early Writings statement clearly demonstrates that Ellen White was confronting efforts currently underway within the now Seventh-day Church of God, which was at that time a part of the Adventist Fellowship of believers. There were Adventists drawn over to the then current Zionist movement, who were all pushing to relocate the center of the work (church’s Headquarters) from America to Jerusalem. And even after their break from their former “Adventist” brethren, the Seventh-day Church of God leaders made it their central goal of setting up their ministry’s headquarters in Old Jerusalem:
A number of Churches of God (7th Day) are independent or affiliated with groups previously associated with the Jerusalem headquarters.
JERUSALEM–It was 1931 and the Church of God 7th Day’s council of elders unanimously voted to send Andrew Dugger, who then lived in Stanberry, Mo., and was editor of The Bible Advocate and also for many previous years president of the general council, to Jerusalem.
They sent him there to set up a headquarters congregation for the CG7 for the purpose of the preaching of the end-time work from the Holy City according to Micah 4:1.
If God had meant for Ellen White to describe a different chain of events regarding her “Old Jerusalem” vision, she would have cited relevant Scriptures to buttress her views, but lacking any scriptural support, and with the clear events of history in our sights, coupled with the very present tense of her statements, makes for a compelling conclusion that her writings were wrested by church leaders in a vain attempt to overthrow faith in the Bible-based teachings of The Shepherd’s Rod message, which emerged in 1929.
The Denomination has, in recent years, held a third Bible Conference in 2012, and of all places they could have chosen, the Conference was held in the State of Israel, a place that should never have been the home of the Jews, in so far as Adventists are concerned!
Some 330 theologians, Bible teachers, and administrators of the Seventh-day Adventist Church gathered beside the Sea of Galilee for the opening session of the Third International Bible Conference held from June 11 to 21, 2012… Included during the ten days of the conference were visits to important sites of Biblical history, including Bethlehem, Caesarea, Megiddo, Nazareth, Capernaum, Tel Dan, Masada, and many sites in and near Jerusalem.
It is singular interest to this writer, that all the previous Bible Conferences of the Seventh-day Adventist Church were held with Jerusalem as a primary focus! We saw the fiasco that led to the 1919 Conference, the existence of Israel in 1948 and other internal doctrines on the KON etc., which led to the 1952 Conference, and now the third one was held in and around Jerusalem, proper! God is trying to get our attention, as a Church, to take a fresh look at Jerusalem in the light of Bible prophecy. It should be very obvious to each reader that this is a pivotal question that has caused much embarrassment in our church, and stands to cause more. I urge all church leaders to gather together again for a 4th Bible Conference, but this time they need to get a new set of eyes in the room. Please invite members who believe in Sola Scriptura, those who embrace ”Moses and all the prophets”, including those who are not beholden to the concept that Israel no longer has relevance in Bible prophecy, and we will certainly get a better outcome—the divine answer to our century’s old theological embarrassment.
Here are some interesting facts regarding Old Jerusalem’s having been “built up” since 1848 (when EGW made her Early Writings statement). Jerusalem is built up in every aspect, and the building up continues:
- It is built up spiritually: many Jews in Jerusalem and its surrounding cities are now coming to accept Yahshuah Ha-Mashiach (Jesus Christ the Messiah), as their Lord and Saviour and coming King.
- It is built up militarily: there are many military installations in Israel proper, and in Jerusalem, its capital, which are the envy of the modern developed world. Iron dome and the Arrow missile systems are only a few of these advanced weapons systems to startle the modern world with military technology.
- It is built up in its significance and International influence: Have you seen the firestorm Trump’s Jerusalem Embassy decision has caused? Do you know that if a stone is thrown in Jerusalem it makes news around the world? This is just a glimpse of the international significance of that seven-hilled city.
- It is built up physically: There are many new construction projects occurring in Jerusalem on a daily basis, causing the ire of both the surrounding Arabs and even the United States.
- It is built up technologically: Some of the most cutting edge technologies that are in our world today, are here courtesy of the State of Israel. We need only mention the Arrow missile system, Iron Dome, Medical researches, Space exploration and military innovations. To a large degree, the US military is indebted to the military technologies that are crafted in the Land of Israel!
- It is built up economically: Israel ranks within the top 40 of the world’s wealthiest economies. Out of top 80 “best countries” in the world, Israel ranks 30. “Israel, the only Jewish nation in the world, is a small country on the eastern shore of the Mediterranean Sea. For its relatively small size, the country has played a large role in global affairs. The country has a strong economy, landmarks of significance to several religions and strained relationships with many of its Arab neighbors.”
Not only does the SDA Church teach that Old Jerusalem will never be built up ever, but it has also taught, and continues to teach, that Jerusalem has no future role in Bible prophecy, and as such will never again be restored to prominence, in YHWH’s eyes. Yet Jerusalem is restored, and is built up, and continues to being built up, and is a very prominent country in the realm of geopolitical decisions! With the recent news of president Trump’s promise of relocating the US Embassy from Tel-Aviv to Jerusalem, and the sure prospect that that move might be the ignition fuse to spark World War 3, it makes for Amazing Facts, no pun intended, to see that Adventists will stultify reason in the face of reality, and still offer an outdated theology, teaching that Jerusalem will never be built up again! With this US embassy move, and the prospect of other countries moving their embassies there as well, we can all brace for another wave of building up of Old Jerusalem, much to the chagrin of our Adventist Scholars!
Modern SDA Assertion that “The Pleasant Land” or “the Glorious Land,” is the SDA Church, and Edom, Moab, Ammon and Egypt are symbols of the churches in Babylon.
While there are many modernists who are trying to adjust the classical SDA position on this prophecy, it is clear that both the historic as well as the current doctrines on Dan. 11: 40-45 are incorrect, and until the believers wake up to the amazing fact that the True Witness’ divine assessment of Laodicea is that, “thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked,” (Rev. 3: 17), only then will they consider these eye-opening truths from God’s Word. O the travesty of making flesh our arm! O the sadness to see multiplied millions of very intelligent humans shackled for decades in chains of darkness and confusion, all on account of their utter dependence on an institution that is known to the True Witness as being “blind,” even while boasting that they can see! O the travesty, I say, to see that many will believe only too late, like the antediluvians, when the war breaks out in Israel, and bodies begin to fall in our Adventist churches, on account of God’s purifying sword both in Assyria and Laodicea!
The greatest ignorance about ignorance is ignorance itself— the state of not knowing for oneself the level of limited knowledge that one possesses, yet he confidently speaks as though he were an expert in the realm of his blindness! When I was I child, one of my reading books had the following Arabian poetry:
He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool; Shun him.
He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a student; Teach him.
He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep; Wake him. He who knows, and knows that he knows, is Wise; Follow him.
God’s contention with the Laodicean angel is that he does not know that he does not know! He foolishly states that “I am rich and increased with goods, and have no need for anything,” even as his bare buttocks are facing the cold winds of confusion and the contradiction of his erroneous testimony can be read on the current news reels.
In order to keep the facts straight, and also in the interest of those who have not had the legacy of church history taught to them, here is compelling evidence on the traditional denominational position regarding this aspect of Daniel’s prophecy—the glorious land:
The little horn waxed great toward the pleasant land. So did Rome. Judea is called the pleasant land in many scriptures. The Romans made it a province of their empire, B.C.63, and eventually destroyed the city and the temple, and scattered the Jews over the face of the whole earth.
They thus abandoned all the conquests they had made in Judea; and the “glorious land,” Palestine, with all its provinces, here called “countries,” fell back again under the oppressive rule of the Turk. Edom, Moab, and Ammon, lying outside the limits of Palestine, south and east of the Dead Sea and the Jordan, were out of the line of march of the Turks from Syria to Egypt, and so escaped the ravages of that campaign.
Those who today teach that “the glorious land” is the Adventist Church, or the United States of America, are either not intelligent in the doctrinal history of this denomination, or they are plain out revisionists.
Modernist SDA Assertion that “The Glorious Holy Mountain” is Now the SDA Church or the Sanctuary in Heaven
Realizing that the denomination’s positions on these prophecies have been repeatedly false, some modernists have tried to ameliorate the situation by placing a new spin on them, even while denouncing The Shepherd’s Rod as a distraction mechanism from Satan, in order to curry favor. As a result, they land on a new and fanciful idea—that the “glorious holy mountain is a symbol of the earthly Seventh-day Adventist Church, and secondarily used as a symbol of the Heavenly Sanctuary. Both of these views are discredited by Scripture, history, and church doctrines, as shown below:
Using logic at first, we note that since “the glorious land” is Palestine, then the “glorious holy mountain” must be a “mountain” in the “glorious land.” We should then seek to find out from Scripture which mountain in the “glorious” land is also called “glorious” and “holy.” Let’s ask Daniel:
“16 O Lord, according to all thy righteousness, I beseech thee, let thine anger and thy fury be turned away from thy city Jerusalem, thy holy mountain: because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and thy people are become a reproach to all that are about us… 20 And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God for the holy mountain of my God.” Dan. 9: 16, 20.
While numerous other Bible passages could be brought to bear on this salient truth that Jerusalem is called by Scripture, God’s “holy mountain,” it is sufficient to note that Daniel, the one who wrote chapter eleven, was of the same understanding shared in these pages, that the glorious holy mountain is at Mt. Jerusalem, in Palestine. This view is also embraced by the traditional historic SDA position.
Palestine, which contains the “glorious holy mountain,” the mountain on which Jerusalem stands, “between the seas,” the Dead Sea and the Mediterranean, is a Turkish province; and if the Turk should be obliged to retire hastily from Europe, he could easily go to any point within his own dominions to establish his temporary headquarters, here appropriately described as the tabernacles, movable dwellings, of his palace; but he could not go beyond them. The most notable point within the limit of Turkey in Asia, is Jerusalem.
From this passage, two things stand out clearly: 1) the SDA Church, in her flag-ship book on prophecy—Daniel and the Revelation—has demonstrated her firm belief that the glorious holy mountain is in Palestine, and specifically points to Jerusalem, and 2), Jerusalem would become the future “temporary headquarters” for the Turk (Ottoman Empire). This was the long looked for hope of every Adventist teacher, prior to 1918! When Turkey lost Palestine to the Brits in WWI, and she never managed to relocate her government or even an office to Jerusalem, nor did that war finally precipitate into the long-looked for Armageddon, the SDA Scholars were in a crisis, a very embarrassing theological state of affairs, and that crisis formed the seeds that would give rise to the historic 1919 Bible Conference, which we have spoken of before.
The Psalmist also declared of Mount Jerusalem: “2 The LORD loveth the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob. 3 Glorious things are spoken of thee, O city of God. Selah.” Ps. 87: 2, 3.
There is only once city in the entire world that is known in Scripture as the “city of God,” and that is Jerusalem—“the holy city.” In this “glorious” city, also lies the “glorious” holy mountain, bearing its name, Mt. Jerusalem (Mt. Zion). Of this city, the prophet Isaiah declared:
“13 The glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee, the fir tree, the pine tree, and the box together, to beautify the place of my sanctuary; and I will make the place of my feet glorious. 14 The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee, The city of the LORD, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel.” Isa. 60: 13, 14.
The Lord’s feet shall again stand in Jerusalem, and he promises to make the place of His feet “glorious,” thus again reinforcing the truth that this “glorious” holy mountain is none other than Mt. Jerusalem, in Israel.
With this backdrop in view, here is the Denomination in its most modern textbook on Bible prophecy, berating its former position in a veiled attempt at avoiding a repeat of its own errors:
“The impulse to schedule the future in detail has embarrassed many earnest Christians over the centuries. Armageddon, for instance, has probably been slated for more dates by enthusiastic Bible students than any other world event. Can you imagine the excitement that pulsed in millions of Christian breasts when in 1918 the newspapers daily plotted the progress of General E. H. Allenby as he approached the Ottoman army encamped at Megiddo in Palestine? Megiddo is the traditional site of Armageddon!
With the forensic evidence of history so plainly stated before us, it now becomes a matter of theological and historical inquiry, as to how and when these foundational historic positions of the SDA Church were changed and spiritualized away. Clearly, the pioneers were totally ignorant of these changes, in so far as the modern teachings are concerned, though they did foretell that “books of a new order” would be written to erase our foundational understandings of prophecy. And what wonderful theories on prophecy abound today! We will not, in this discourse, go farther into the history of errors, but redirect our attention instead to the evidences of truth—Present Truth—that the flock so dearly needs today.
Look For The Waymarks, the Great Prophetic Waymarks…
In accurately identifying the latter-day KON power, we must first of all see his prophetic signature marks in the Scriptures, not in a disjointed way, but in full support of the context and content of the Bible prophecy. To this end, let’s read the closing verses of Daniel’s very long prophecy:
“41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon. 42 He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape. 43 But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps. 44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many. 45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.” Dan. 11: 41-45
Let’s highlight a number of key identifying facts concerning the KON of this Prophecy:
- He shall enter also into the glorious land—the Bible calls the Promised Land—“the pleasant land,” Palestine—“the glorious land.”
- “Yea, they [Israel] despised the pleasant land, they believed not his word.” Ps. 106:24.
- The “pleasant land” here mentioned is Palestine (Canaan). With Jerusalem in his focus, while living in Babylon—north-east of Jerusalem, Daniel recorded: “And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.” Dan. 8:9.
- Zechariah also backs up Daniel’s testimony by declaring: “But I scattered them [Israel] with a whirlwind among all the nations whom they knew not. Thus the land [Palestine] was desolate after them that no man passed through nor returned: for they laid the pleasant land desolate.” Zech. 7:14. See also Jer. 3:19.
- Many countries shall be overthrown— meaning many countries shall be defeated, and taken from the control of the KOS’s. Evidently those countries will shift and come under the sovereignty of the KON. Mark this point with care, for we will see some land giveaways later, and must realize that a country cannot give away that which it does not own or possess!
- These shall escapeout of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.—Since these nations are all Muslim countries today, it is evident that the latter-day KOS would be the political center of the Islamic world. Significantly enough, the only nation that both history and prophecy so clearly identify as the KOS is the Ottoman Empire, or Turkey! Notice that prophecy calls Turkey (Ottoman Empire) the KOS, not the KON, as has been taught by SDA’s for decades!
- The land of Egyptshall not escape.—Egypt too, was and is a part of, and symbolizes the Islamic world, but prophecy shows that his interests and influence shall be towards the KON, for Egypt shall “not escape” his clutches. Is it not true that Egypt today is still a close ally of the Western Nations, though it is a densely populated Islamic country?
- “Islam in Egypt is the dominant religion with around an estimated 90% of the population. Almost the entirety of Egypt’s Muslims are Sunnis, with a small minority of Shia and Ahmadi Muslims… Islam has been recognized as the state religion since 1980… Ottoman rule reinforced the public and political roles of the ulama (religious scholars), as Mamluk rule had done before the Ottomans.”
- “Of the $35 billion of total economic aid distributed, almost a quarter of funds went to five countries. Below are the top 5 recipients of economic aid in 2014.
- Israel: $3.1 billion
- Egypt: $1.5 billion
- Afghanistan: $1.1 billion
- Jordan: $1.0 billion
- Pakistan: $933 million
- Quite noticeably we see that Egypt is the second largest recipient of US economic and military aid, apart from Israel—the apple of America’s eye. But from a net largess, the Islamic world gets the lion’s share of funding from the USA, a whopping $4.6 Billion dollars!
- He shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt:–the power known as the KON must control the world’s monetary supply—“the treasures of gold and silver.” This points unmistakably to the United States. The USA is, and has been the economic center of power for the global economy, and whenever the US economy suffers a boom or a bust, the shockwaves have a direct impact on the global economy, down to the tiniest countries in our world. This is indicative that the KON power has “power over the treasures of gold and silver”—he controls the global monetary supply. His currency must be the international standard of trade. Very interestingly, petroleum is the single energy commodity that is used globally, and the currency of trade against which a barrel of crude oil is priced is the “all-mighty” U$A dollar.
- “With 142 countries receiving aid out of the 188 countries listed with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in 2014, approximately 76% of the world received some form of economic assistance from the S., the majority located within Africa and the Near East. ”
- How many other countries could afford to support 76% of the world, on a sustained annual basis? This is a glaring sign as to the true identity of the KON in our day. Prior to WWII, however, the leading military and economic engine of the world was Great Britain. Evidently the title KON has been transferred from Great Britain to the USA, after WWII—the seminal event which has made The United States of America the leader of the free world.
- “The United States has been the world’s biggest economy since 1871. But that top ranking is now under threat from China… The U.S. economy remains the largest in the world in terms of nominal GDP. The $19.42 trillion U.S. economy is 25% of the gross world product. The United States is an economic superpower that is highly advanced in terms of technology and infrastructure and has abundant natural resources.”
- “15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. 16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.” (Rev. 13: 15-17).
- Only a nation with the economic clout and military might of the United States, could possibly make such sweeping economic demands on “all” peoples (Rev. 13: 16), and harness the power to enforce such a decree on pain of death! The United States is by far the wealthiest country in the entire world, and this has remained true for more than 140 years. This fact demonstrates too, that the mark of the beast system is both economic and religious. A deeper understanding of the nation’s ambitions to curb the negative effects of “Climate Change,” will more accurately inform the reader of the sinister methods being engineered to compel peoples and nations to accede to this nefarious scheme of the mark of the beast system—a false worship by compulsion. Do remember that in the days of Daniel, while exiled in Babylon, a similar false worship standard was forced upon the people on pain of death, but God’s people were delivered then, and He will deliver them again today, by His own right hand, when Michael stands up, as much as He stood with Daniel in the lions’ den and the three Hebrew worthies in the red-hot incinerator.
- The Libyansand the Ethiopians shall be at his steps. –this means that Libya and Ethiopia (highly populated Muslim countries) should be Western-leaning countries in the latter days. Is this true today? The short answer is Yes. Most of central to north Africa today, is Western leaning, and they are heavily funded by the USA—KON’s center of power.
- “Libya–United States relationsare today cordial and cooperative, with particularly strong security cooperation only after the 2012 attack on the US liaison office or mission in Benghazi. Furthermore, a Gallup poll conducted in March and April 2012 found that Libyans had “among the highest approval” of US leadership in the entire Middle East and North Africa region.”
- “Tidings out of the east and out of the northshall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.” (Dan. 11: 44).
- Using Jerusalem as our coordinates reference point, it is clear to see that the attacks on Pearl Harbor by Japan, in the East, and the near simultaneous attack in Europe, by Germany in the North, are the precipitating factors which pulled the United States and her allies into WWII. This war would mark the change of guards from Great Britain’s being the mantle bearer of the KON title, to the United States. Again, we see that the title KON does not belong to one people, but has been transferred throughout the passage of over 2,300 years. Regarding the KON’s control over Egypt, the historical record is most clear:
- “Until 1915, when England declared Turkish suzerainty at an end and established a protectorate, Egypt was nominally a Turkish dependency. But since 1883, following Arabi Pasha’s rebellion, Egypt had been practically ruled by Great Britain under a consul-general.”
- “Palestine [the glorious land], for long years the home of the Hebrew race, was under control of Rome in the time of Christ. In the seventh century it passed under the Moslem power, and from 1516 to 1919 was in the hands of the Turksand a part of the Turkish Empire.”
- Clearly, whosoever took Palestine from the hands of the Turks is known in prophecy as the KON! Who did this? The answer is singular, Great Britain, and since WWII, even Great Britain has looked farther West, to the leadership of the great USA for both military and economic support. Clearly the latter-day KON is the USA, and clearly so since WWII.
- He shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain. Which country in this wide world of ours has made it a part of its National Law to relocate its embassy to Jerusalem—the glorious Holy Mountain of Prophecy? Is it Russia? No! Is it Rome? No! It is China? No! Is it Great Britain? No! Is it Argentina? Is it Turkey? Is it Australia? Is it Canada? No! no, no, no! There is only one countrythat has this ambition, and one country alone! She is the mistress of militaries and economies; she is the United States of America! Since 1995 Congress has passed a law to relocate the US embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, and under the Trump presidency this has gained renewed focus. It is now common knowledge that on December 6, 2017, Donald Trump made that announcement to the world, and it has sparked the most visceral reaction from the great nations of earth, indeed almost all of America’s allies did not side with her on this fateful decision!
- He shall come to his end, and none shall help him. Out of this act of situating his palace—embassy—in the glorious Holy Mountain—Jerusalem, this will foment a war that will break all peace accords. The alliance or coalition will be broken, and rather than having the “moderate Muslims” as her helpers, the US will find herself on her own in the midst of military and political turn-coats of helpers, and will then have her forces for dinner, so to speak! This move will also hasten on the time of Jacobs Trouble for all of us who are commandment keepers, and also hasten the setting up of God’s future pre-millennial kingdom of Glory, the antitypical Ark of Safety, the future City of Refuge for the waiting Church of God.
- Even now, with the military actions of Turkey against the Syrian Kurds, both of whom are America’s allies, we can see that the KON’s coalition is fractured, and will become more evident with the passage of time. One thing stands out clear to all, and that is the proverbial “writing is on the wall” of time, and the world is preparing for a US defeat in the Holy Land.
- “None Shall Help Him:” This part of the prophecy emphatically teaches that there won’t be any international support for the KON when he comes to his demise—his military defeat in the Holy Land. And looking at the present, as an indicator of the future, we can already see that “none” of the major military powers in the world have stood in support of the USA’s quest to install its embassy in Jerusalem. Let’s see current news on the UN’s deciding vote:
Pope Francis used his traditional Christmas Day message to call for a negotiated end to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, including the dispute over the status of Jerusalem, a few days after the United Nations rebuked the U.S. for unilaterally recognizing the city as Israel’s capital.
Speaking from the facade of St. Peter’s Basilica to an estimated crowd of 50,000 in the square below, the pope prayed for “peace for Jerusalem and for all the Holy Land” in the form of “two states within mutually agreed and internationally recognized borders.” The pope also praised the “efforts of all those in the international community inspired by good will” to bring “harmony, justice and security” to the region.
Earlier this month, a few hours before President Donald Trump announced that the U.S. would officially recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, the pope voiced a “heartfelt appeal” to respect U.N. resolutions defining the city’s status as contingent on a comprehensive peace agreement. On Thursday, the U.N. voted 128-9, with 35 abstaining, to rebuke the U.S. for its move on Jerusalem.
Observe carefully that the pope, and by extension the Roman Catholic Papacy, is standing in support with “the international community” of nations, against America, when they sent a rebuke to the USA’s Jerusalem embassy decision! To repeat, the Papacy is standing against the USA on this policy decision, and this is a sure way of Heaven’s again announcing to the world, that those who entertain the idea that the KON is the Papacy, ought to forthwith abandon that idea, for even the Pope (the presumed KON) is against this US-Jerusalem embassy move! Certainly, were the Papacy the prophetic KON it would gladly stand in support of the US’ position in the embassy relocation decision, but even in this instance, and this is not the first time that the pontiff has taken aim at the USA on this topic since Trump’s December 6th announcement, we see that the KON cannot possibly the prophetic KON for today. From these events and change of circumstances, we see more mounting evidence that the USA, and not the Papacy, is the prophetic KON. Again and again, the evidence stacks up in singular confirmation as to the true identity of the latter-day prophetic KON.
Amazing Facts About Mt. Jerusalem and Biblical Mt. Sinai
In exposing the true latter-day KON power, there are some very profoundly amazing facts surrounding this verse’s fulfillment. Moving away now from the old stereotypes of the past, let’s take a fresh look at the Scriptures, and allow them to be their own expositors, rather than relying on the uninspired theories of men, to see if we will arrive at the divine understanding intended.
- The “glorious holy mountain” is not Mt. Sinai, between the Mediterranean and the Red Seas, for the Bible teaches that “Agar is mount Sinai in [Saudi] Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is.” (Gal. 4: 25), [Added].
- The picture to the right is a partial map of the Holy Land inclusive of Mount Jerusalem. Observe how precisely this holy mount of
- prophecy lies almost equidistant “between the seas” (Mediterranean Sea to the west and the Dead Sea to the east).
- Next, In the accompanying map, we will contemplate the location of the traditionally accepted Mount Sinai, to see which “two seas” it falls between, if any. Observe carefully, the three straight lines (red, purple, and green). The red line traverses the Biblical Mt. Sinai (Jubal Al-Laws) in Saudi Arabia, as shown with the red ellipse around it, whereas the green line traverses the traditionally accepted Mt. Sinai (Mt. Saint Catherine’s), located in the Sinai Peninsula in Egypt, identified with the green ellipse around it. Further too, the horizontal purple line does place the false Mt. Sinai precisely equidistant “between” the two horns of the Red Sea. Unfortunately, it does not qualify, for reasons cited before, as well as archeology.
- There are no archeological remains in this mountain, with traceability of the Israelites in their exodus travels. The same cannot be said for Jubal Al-Laws, in Saudi Arabia. It becomes painfully obvious to any reader that Mt. Sinai which is still in Saudi Arabia, lies outside of the “two seas” envelope defined in Scripture, and thus is immediately disqualified from bearing the title, “the glorious holy mountain,” in Dan. 11: 45! There are no Geographic coordinates in which one may extend a straight line from the Mediterranean Sea to the Red sea, and get it to traverse the Biblical Mt. Sinai “between” them. Try it for yourself on a large scale map, and convince yourself that it is impossible. The same cannot be said for Mt. Jerusalem, however, which is almost equidistant “between the seas,” the Mediterranean and Dead Sea, respectively.
- Another important factor in the locating of this “glorious holy mountain,” is that it must lie within the bounds of the “glorious (holy) land.” And since only Jerusalem fits the geography and the theology, it alone can be the “glorious mountain” of this prophecy. Some have found maps showing Mt. Sinai between the Mediterranean Sea and the Arabian Sea, but they have had to stretch the bounds of the prophecy outside of the “holy land,” in order to satisfy this claim, and even then, they lack the archeology to show that the Roman Catholic Mt. Sinai (the one in your Bible maps), is that mount where Moses stood and talked with YHWH face to face, when it smoked and thundered at the giving of the Torah.
- While the Roman Catholics’ fake Mt. Sinai in Egypt (Mt. Saint Catherine’s) does lie “between” the Mediterranean and Red sea, respectively, as shown by the purple line in the preceding map, it does not qualify, for all the reasons already stated above, with more to follow. Furthermore, Moses would never run away from Pharaoh in Egypt only to take refuge in a mountain that close to Egypt, a place known at that time and still today, as “no man’s land.” That would be fool-hardy! True to its biblical past as a sort of hostile territory, the current Sinai Peninsula, now controlled by Egypt, is still a stronghold for violent criminals, and this is where ISIL (ISIS) and other terror groups have built one of their most entrenched training camps, and hiding places.
- The Bible clearly teaches that Moses, upon fleeing from Pharaoh, went to the land of Midian, a foreign country, away from Egypt. “15 Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelt in the land of Midian: and he sat down by a well… 19 And they said, An Egyptian delivered us out of the hand of the shepherds, and also drew waterenough for us, and watered the flock.” (Ex. 2: 15, 19).
- The fact that Reuel’s daughters told him that “an Egyptian” was their deliverer is evidence sufficient, that he was not in Egypt, for why would they tell him “an Egyptian delivered us?” That is similar to me, living in Australia, and telling my parents “an Australian delivered me” from trouble. That would be tautological superfluity. Whether Jabal El-Laws can be disputed as the actual biblical Mt. Sinai, is not the purpose of this study, but we must conclude that at the time of this prophecy’s fulfillment, we must be able to identify the Glorious Holy Mountain, and it must lie “between the seas” In the glorious land. Since Mt. Jerusalem in Palestine, is the only identified location containing the geographic limitations sustained by Scripture, we are constrained to conclude that not in Arabia shall we look for the KON to set up his Embassy, but in Mt. Jerusalem—in the glorious land. As I write, truth is becoming more and more apparent, with each passing day that God’s purposes for Mount Jerusalem have not died with the stoning of Stephen.
- Donald J. Trump is the 45th President of the United States, and under his administration 45th verse of Daniel 11, is commencing its fulfillment, and if he lasts for two terms, will quite likely consummate the fulfillment of this verse! There is time (delay) no longer, and the fulfillment of every vision is at hand! That there is no longer “delay,” the US has just accelerated the US Jerusalem embassy move, cutting the time from a maximum of four years to now about 18 months. My sense is that Trump will not risk this decision’s falling into the hands of another US President, should he not win a second term, and so has placed this decision on the fast track.
- In 2018 when Trump formally executes the US’ 1995 Embassy Relocation Act, it will then be 70 years since the Independence of Israel in 1948. And only recently, Vice President Pence announced an acceleration of the embassy relocation Act:
- “Vice President Mike Pence said on Monday that a new United States Embassy to Israel would open in Jerusalem before the end of 2019.” In that speech, Pence said more:
- “Seventy years ago, the United States was proud to be the first nation in the world to recognize the State of Israel. But as you well know, the work we began on that day was left unfinished, for while the United States recognized your nation, one administration after another refused to recognize your capital. But just last month, President Donald Trump made history. He righted a 70-year wrong; he kept his word to the American people when he announced that the United States of America will finally acknowledge Jerusalem is Israel’s capital…”
- The President’s decision will be announced, at the latest, by June 6, 2018. What anniversary events are scheduled for that time frame? Let’s see:
- Pentecost 2018 will occur on Sunday, June 17th .
- Only three weeks earlier, and it will be exactly 70 years since Israel’s Independence on May 14, 1948. The President is most likely to make his announcement on that date. Mike Pence, in his most recent announcement concerning their advancing the calendar of the Embassy’s move, did call attention to the fact that May 14th will be 70 years since America has delayed in honoring her promise to Israel! Let’s be watching for these developments.
- Whether or not he makes his announcement on one of the two dates above, is not as significant as it is to recognize that the year 2018 will be exactly 70 years since the birth of Israel, and in this year the KON will have signed orders to speedily implement the embassy relocation to Jerusalem.
Michael Stands Up
To a great many Christians, the divine being called Michael is only an archangel, and thus cannot, they hold, be equal to the Son of God, Jesus Christ, on the premise that angels are created beings whereas Jesus Christ (Y’shuah Ha-mashiach) is the only begotten Son of the Most High God (YHWH)—he is God and not merely an angel. As God, he is Creator, and not a created being, and this they hold as the defining characteristic as to why Michael cannot possibly be likened to the Son of God. Indeed, the most popular Christian apologists of today classify all who hold that Michael Is Christ, among the kingdom of the Cults in Christianity.
While we agree with Christian Research Institute (CRI) and other like apologists, that Y’shuah is not a created being, we sharply contend that Michael in Messiah. The answer is rather self-evident from a clear read of the Scriptures, and I will only cite one example on how to easily demonstrate that Michael, the Chief of Heaven, is more than an angel, and is in reality the very redemptive Son of YHWH. I have written a definitive article on this subject, Who is Michael Your Prince? And encourage all serious-minded Bible students to investigate that article, as it proves conclusively, from a multitude of
angels, that there is no other being qualified, in heaven or in earth, to wear the title Michael, save for the Son of God—Jesus Christ.
“1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. 2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof? 3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. 4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. 5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.” Rev. 5: 1-5.
It is significant to note that “no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth,” was found “worthy” to approach the Father and open the book, or even “to read the book” in His outstretched hand. Not even “a strong angel,” was so qualified, and this was cause for much consternation, much weeping in that judgment chamber, because that book contained the names of all to be saved, and only the Redeemer of the saved was found “worthy” to read the book of their life’s stories. He not only took the book, but he “read” the book, an act which could not be performed even by a “strong angel,” no, not even an archangel!
The question, therefore, is clear: who was this one and only “worthy” being in the entire universe, that engaged in His heart to approach unto the Eternal and open and read the book? It has to be someone His equal, someone who sees equality with the Father as a thing not to be grasped, someone who has emptied Himself of his Majesty that he can be the kinsman redeemer of earth’s inhabitants. That someone is none other than “the lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David.” That someone further describes Himself thusly: “I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.” Rev. 22: 16.
We need only ask ourselves the question, which book was it that Michael reads from when he stands up in Dan. 12: 1? It should now be a self-evident truth that the only one that was “worthy” to open the book, was now reading its contents, and delivered only those whose names were “found written in the book.” It takes the “only one” who can “read” this book to identify the “names written” in it. Conclusively, this is the book of the redeemed—The Book of Life. Forever it should be settled that the only one in the wide universe of God so “worthy,” is the Lamb of God, Jesus Christ our Saviour, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root and offspring of David, the Emancipator supreme, the great Liberator, the Captain of our Salvation, Y’shuah Ha-mashiach, Michael our Prince (King).
Calling attention to the end of this war, when the KON meets his demise in the Holy Land, the Spirit of Prophecy announced through Daniel that Michael will then “stand up” (Dan. 12: 1) and deliver His faithful saints from the tyranny of the first phase of the Mark of the Beast system—the coming Jacob’s Time of Trouble. This time of trouble is in two phases: first it assaults the true worshippers who are loyal to all YHWH’s Statutes, judgments, and commandments. At this time, the purification of the Laodicean Church (Ezek. 9: 1-7) will commence, and the Third Angel’s Message will then expand globally in a Loud Cry, declaring, “fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment is come” upon the living. It will negatively impact all who refuse compliance with this man-made religion of forced worship, and forced economy (economic embargo), under the coming international mark of the beast’s New World Order system of governance, and its ensuing death decree against dissenters.
Notice that prophecy declares that the Papacy will come to its end by the brightness of Christ’s Second Coming (2 Thess. 2: 2-12), but the KON herein discussed, “comes to his end” before Michael stands up, and long before the Second Advent of Christ! They, therefore, cannot be the same entity or personality, and yet come to their end at two separate times! Hence the Papacy is one thing, the KON is another thing, and the standing up of Michael is yet another. All are discrete events with overlapping activities among each other, but none merging into the other.
For more depth on the KON, I have written a more expanded documentation on the entire chapter of Daniel 11, which can be accessed at this link: Exposing The King Of The North
It is beneficial at this time, too, to demonstrate that our SDA theologians have had difficulty with this prophecy on a number of fronts. Let’s again cite the Denomination’s prophetic textbook on Daniel:
Whereas, the time of trouble mentioned in Daniel is not a time of religious persecution, but of national calamity. There has been nothing like it since there was – not a church, but – a nation. This comes upon the world. This is the last trouble to come upon the world in its present state.
The reader can see that the SDA position does not comprehend “the church” in the throes of this time of trouble, but instead only the “nations.” This type of theology sets us up for ridicule, because the 12th chapter of Daniel, opens with Michael’s standing up to deliver His saints whose names are found written in His book of life, during the time of trouble. Says the Spirit of Prophecy, “and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered.” (Dan. 12: 1).
Observe carefully what the prophet actually stated that this “time of trouble” will last “even to that same time.” Evidently, this time of trouble commences under the reign of the KON, and continues up “to” the time when he comes to his end, “to” the time when Michael stands up, “to” the time when the saints are delivered! In bold relief, therefore, we see that the “time of trouble” here mentioned, is the time of Jacob’s trouble, the trouble which precedes Michael’s standing up for His Church.
Prove All Things and Hold Fast To That Which is Good
Many in the Advent faith have taken with unquestioning credulity the teachings of Sister Ellen G. White, at face value, without considering “time and place,” or even “proving” whether or not those views are 100% sustained by the Scriptures. The thought goes like this: Sister White is God’s servant, and He controls what she writes, therefore I should simply accept what she says as the voice of God to me, individually, and to the church, generally. This same attitude is exercised by a more theologically advanced group of Adventists, the Davidians, who reason similarly with the writings of Brother V.T. Houteff, and so in this segment, we will seek to help both groups in the correct use of writings of heaven’s latter-day messengers.
As to his planting his tabernacles in the glorious holy mountain, it is not too clear, for planting the tabernacles of his palace before he comes to his end does not necessarily mean moving his throne there. It could be taken to mean having a branch of his palace there. If he is to plant his tabernacles there while Michael stands up, though, then the only locality other than the Holy Land that we know of, is at Mount Sinai, between the Mediterranean and the Red Sea.
A year later, Houteff revised this understanding, and left room for the passage of time to correctly home in our focus, and sharpen our understandings during the days when the predictions are actually “being fulfilled.” Thus he taught:
The only portion of Daniel 11 yet to be fulfilled is this verse, the last of the chapter, and since these prophecies are made to be understood only when they are being fulfilled or after fulfillment, verse 45 is not as clear as we should like to have it. Consequently concerning the place of his tabernacles and his end, also as to whether another Christian power shall inherit the title “king of the north” before verse 45 is fulfilled, only time itself will positively portray the whole truth. The thing that Inspiration makes altogether clear is the fact that the king’s next stand is his end, while all look and listen, but none come to his help.
This is a balanced statement, and God did not allow His servant to close his eyes, without clarifying this position for us. With the above statement in place, it provides latitude to us, after his death, to measure the accuracy of the extant interpretations against conditions on the ground, which “will positively portray the WHOLE truth.”
Not willing, from their perspective, to countermand Inspiration, however, there are many 100% Rod-only Davidians today who have stultified reason and still insist on teaching that Mt. Sinai, in Egypt, is the location where the KON will set up his temporary headquarters—his Embassy, instead of Mt. Jerusalem, as “time itself” has demonstrated with the prophecy’s currently “being fulfilled” before our very eyes!
“The world is stirred with the spirit of war. The prophecy of the eleventh chapter of Daniel has nearly reached its complete fulfillment. Soon the scenes of trouble spoken of in the prophecies will take place.”
Notice that after the KON comes to his end in the “complete fulfillment” of Daniel’s prophecy, that associated with that same event are the “the scenes of trouble” announced in the 12th chapter!
“God has a people upon the earth who in faith and holy hope are tracing down the roll of fast-fulfilling prophecy, and are seeking to purify their souls by obeying the truth, that they may not be found without the wedding garment when Christ shall appear.”
Is My Name Written There
Having come this far in our journey of truth in this prophecy, it is needful that each reader ponders the solemnity of the hour in which we live, and realizes that the information contained herein, is not merely unveiled to give one an intellectual ascent to the Truth, but it demands from each of us a heart surrender to the Author of Truth. The warning message presented herein is that Assyria will fall in the Holy Land—Palestine, but her fall is not merely punitive, for her annihilation, but redemptive, and for her correction, for her repentance and ultimate conversion to YHWH, the God of Truth. Since Michael will only deliver those whose names are found “written” in His book, it is, therefore, of urgent importance that each of us seek His righteousness today, that we may be hid is the days of His standing up, hid in the days of His destructive judgments in both the Church and in the world, hid under the shelter of His holiness, such that when he calls out the names of those who are written in His book, we can, with Isaiah answer the solemn call, “here am I, Lord, send me!”
Friend, the Saviour is waiting to enter your heart, right now, why don’t you let him come in? If you have not yet made Jesus Christ (Y’shuah) your Refuge and Salvation, He is extending that opportunity to you right now! Just open your heart and let Him in, by declaring in faith, words to this effect: “Great God in Heaven, hallowed by thy name. Holy and righteous are you Lord, and mighty to save! I realize that I am a sinner, a transgressor against your holy law, and by your grace, renounce the life of transgression I have lived in the past, up to this moment, and now open my heart to you to come in and be my Saviour and my King. I accept the shed blood of Jesus (Y’shuah) in place of my sins, and ask that you transform me into His likeness. Please forgive me of my sins, and teach me thy ways of righteousness that it may be well with my soul, when you call out the names of those written in Michael’s book of Life. Teach me to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with you, my God, in Jesus’ (Y’shuah’s) holy name I pray, with thanksgiving, amen, and amen.”
When He comes into your heart, He will do so as the Minister of the sanctuary of our soul, and will start His cleansing purifying work in your life, through the washing of the water by His Word. Get engaged in the study of His word, so He can direct your paths more clearly and teach you more completely of His love and His grace. You will understand in a new and real way that God is not interested in the destruction of sinners, but that He loves sinners with such tender compassion, that He provided a way of escape from the second death, by offering His dear Son, Jesus Christ (Y’shuah), as our substitute, that we through His righteousness might be made sons and daughters of the living God.
“3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; 8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; 9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: 10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: 11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.” Eph. 1: 3-14 Ω
Garrick Augustus, December 14, 2017
List of References
 This article was originally written in 2017, and during editing additional news items were made available in January 2018.
 PUBLIC LAW 104–45—NOV. 8, 1995 JERUSALEM EMBASSY ACT OF 1995; Found here: https://www.congress.gov/104/plaws/publ45/PLAW-104publ45.pdf
 The Washington Examiner, June 5, 2017; http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/senate-passes-measure-calling-on-trump-to-move-us-embassy-to-jerusalem/article/2625016
 Signs of The Times, November 7, 1939, pp. 4, 7, italics added; archived here: http://docs.adventistarchives.org/docs/ST/ST19391107-V66-44__C.pdf#view=fit
 Vance Farrel, Pilgrim’s Rest, CRACKING THE PROPHETIC CODE, italics and emphasis added; http://www.sdadefend.com/History/prophetic_code.htm
 Shem, a son of Noah, is the progenitor of Abraham and his seed.
 S. N. Haskell, The Story of Daniel The Prophet, pp. 156, 157 [and italics added based on context of preceding paragraphs].
 EG White, Early Writings, pp. 75-76, bold emphasis added.
Also found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1952_Bible_Conference_(Adventist)
 Assyria is an eschatological prophetic codename given to the protestant nations of our modern world, similar to the term Babylon, in the book of Revelation, being a symbol of Roman Catholicism and the apostate protestant churches.
 The author is here speaking of the embarrassment suffered by the SDA theologians who, with the fall of the Ottoman Empire, were forced to remove from bookshelves their many books published on The Eastern Question. This embarrassment stretched from the General Conference President, A.G. Daniels, all the way down to the corner church.
 God Cares, Vol. 1, C. Mervyn Maxwell, 1981, p. 297
 The New Student’s Reference Book—Egypt.
 The World Book Encyclopedia—Palestine; [added]
 The Wall Street Journal, Dec. 25, 2017; Pope Highlights Jerusalem Dispute in Christmas Day Message: https://www.wsj.com/articles/pope-highlights-jerusalem-dispute-in-christmas-day-message-1514203578
 Ibid, Jan 22, 2018
 V.T. Houteff, 1947, Timely Greetings Volume 2, No 7, p 9.3
 V.T. Houteff, 1948, Timely Greetings Volume 2, No. 42 p. 27.3-4
 E.G. White, 1909, Testimonies for the Church Vol. 9, p. 15
 EG White, Testimonies for the Church, vol. 4, p. 307.